Football is the the subject...The topics are yours!!

This is a Blog displaying the latest news and more importantly Views on the world of Football...Let me know what YOU think!!

Welcome to Football Mania

How you all doing football mad type people?

I thought I'd set up my own blog as I do nothing but watch, talk about and dream bloody football! Pretty sad I think!
But then again can you think of anything that pumps the adreneline more than watching your fave club or national team doing well or even winning?? Guess not or you wouldn't be here!
The topic is Football (obviously ) the topics are yours (and mine) so be cool, join in and have fun!!

Love it....

Gary

Monday 25 June 2007

More news from the transfer world

The silliest report that I have read for a long time concerns Liverpool and Atletico Madrid. According to one of the tabloid newspapers Atletico are willing to let Fernando Torres go in exchang for Peter Crouch, with hard cash of course! I cannot think of any player at the moment who is so unlike Torres, as Crouch is, that I find that rumour hard to believe - Torres the proven goalscore for club and country, to be replaced by Crouch who cannot get a starting place for club never mind country!
Now we all knew that Thierry Henry was going to follow David Dein out of the Emirates door and Join Barca but what is surprising is the talk of Anelka being bought to replace him. This could just be Wenger's way of a quick fix but the Arsenal board obviously do not agree with him as reports suggest they are going to put a block on any possible bid. I for one cannot blame them; Anelka wasn't exactly loyal the first time out was he! Could this also be a test of Wenger's resolve to see the last year of his contract out? We shall see.
Here is sad news to me personally; Alan Smith is reportedly going to sign for Middlesborough for a paltry £6m( puts Darren Bent's £15m-£16m move to Spurs in perspective! ). Although Portsmouth are supposed to be interested as are Newcastle and Sunderland, I sincerely hope he keeps to his word and stays to fight for his place at The Theatre of Dreams!
On the other side of Manchester there are clouds gathering! Ok so they have been taken over and paid all their debts but, and here is the downside, Saucy Sven is more than likely going to be their next manager! I have talked to City fans in the pub and in various forums and not one fan has shown his pleasure at the possibility of Nancy..sorry I mean Sven-Goran Eriksson taking over the reins at The City of Manchester Stadium. I feel sorry for them all...not!
Thats about all today folks but there will be more!
Gary

No comments:

Visit this amazing site for genuine cut price football gear - Everthing from socks to goalposts!!

Football Equipment UK

An exciting Alternative to online football gambling!!